Last Minute Gift Ideas for Runners
Sometimes no matter how hard you try, the final weeks leading up to the holiday just seem to slip away and you are left with a few days left for finding gifts for loved ones and friends.
Here are suggestions from some of Boulder’s best.
Boulder Running Company
We are offering $20 off any online purchases over $100 by Dec. 25. – via Twitter
Most everything in the store is 20% off now…come on in and see us! – via Twitter
Fleet Feet Sports
If you’re still searching for gifts this holiday season, think local and shop at Fleet Feet. We’ve searched the store for some of the best gifts and here are our recommendations for everyone on your list:
There’s still time to fill out a Wish List card that we can send to the people you choose so you get what you want. At Fleet Feet, you always get FREE GIFT WRAPPING.?? And don’t forget about our Gift Card Promo: for every $50 gift card you purchase, you’ll get some free stuff for yourself — a pair of Fleet Feet running gloves, a sport-inspired holiday ornament and some tasty Shot Bloks.
- Pistil Millie hat — hunting inspired but with a twist, the Millie hat is fashionable and warm, sized specifically for women. Also available in brown. Check out our other Pistil hats, and if there’s a little one on your list, come see our collection of Smartwool baby hat and glove sets.
- Crescent Moon snowshoes — perfect for the snow enthusiast, local Boulder company Crescent Moon makes quality snowshoes in a unique teardrop shape. Available in several models.
- Breeze Bars — available in original and chocolate flavors, these all natural bars are made locally and designed for endurance. Perfect for winter activities like nordic and alpine skiing, and snowshoeing. Create the perfect nutrition gift by pairing Breeze Bars with energy gel, energy chews, and hydration powder.
- Compression apparel — from full length tights to calf and arm sleeves, we’ve got compression gear from Recofit, CWX, Skins, Zensah, and Sugoi, all designed to encourage blood flow and faster recovery after a tough workout.
- Therapy accessories — whether to help with injury recovery or just provide a better stretch, we’ve got massage sticks, foam rollers, and support products for a variety of body parts and conditions.
- Gear bags — give the gift of organization with one of our Brooks or Sherpani gear bags that fit all the essentials, and then some.
- Cold weather and visibility accessories — think gloves, hats, headbands, reflective jackets, vests, and headlamps to keep your friends and family warm and let them be seen when they exercise.
- Sweet socks — everyone needs socks, so why not give them a few pairs from our collection of Balega, Smartwool, and Asics. And yes, we even have kids socks.
Invest in fun this season.
At outdoor DIVAS you can find all the gear you’ll need for winter adventures. Choose from the best selection of women’s specific products like Patagonia outerwear, Icebreaker baselayers, Rossignol skis plus much much more.
It is not just about the gear, it is about how the gear makes you feel. The sales associates at outdoor DIVAS are genuine and really enjoy the outdoors themselves. You can talk shop with them about the sick powder they’ve skied or the cutest winter beanies out this season, from function to fashion they can help. For them it is about the enjoyment that the equipment can allow you to have.
With a purchase of $200 of more you are automatically entered into a drawing to win a free pair of Newton Running Shoes and a Grand Prize of a Free trip to Boulder, CO for Natural Running Form Coaching with Danny Abshire http://www.newtonrunning.com/holiday-2009-rules
Plus they are offering 50% off 2day or Overnight Shipping
or Free Shipping through 12.31.09 on Standard UPS Ground Only.
If you are still looking for that perfect gift for the runner in your life be sure to check out Bobby’s books on our website: www.BobbyMcGee.com
- Magical Running is THE book to help your runner get to the next level mentally. It includes a year’s worth of mental skills training and tips.
- Run Workouts for Runners and Triathletes is the way to go for the “self coached” athlete . This book contains detailed run training plans for 5km, 10km, Half Marathon and Marathon as well as Olympic Distance, Half IM and IM run plans. Each plan has three levels to choose from. In addition there are tests and workouts to challenge and take your training to new levels.
- Running Sports Essentials = the ultimate Drills book is sold out. A new and updated version will be available in 2010. Rumor has it that the Boulder Running Company has a few copies left.
Core Power Yoga
Holiday Gift Bundles are the perfect gift for the new or experienced yogi in your life.
Yogitoes + $25 gift card for $75 ($90 value)
Yogitoes are a yoga necessity. They provide a nice, soft buffer between you and your yoga mat – and prevent slipping. Don’t let your favorite yogi practice another day without one!
Use a CorePower Yoga gift card on clothing, yoga mats, accessories, yoga packages and even Lifestyle Programs
Giving the gift of massage is wonderful for this time of the year. Use it to recover and restore after the holiday season.