FitSocial 2103 Conference offers free Local Trade Day
The FitSocial 2013 Conference – Blogging and Social Media for the Fitness and Health Industries, is offering three levels of participation, including a Free Local Trade Day on Friday, September 27th.
The Fitness & Health Social Media Conference (Fit Social) is one of the few events that focuses on the communication of fitness and health information to the public via blogging and social media and will be held in Boulder at the Millennium Hotel and in Denver at the Anschutz Health & Wellness Center Sept. 26-29, 2013.
Free Local Trade Day
Colorado-based members of the fitness industry can attend all of Friday, except the dinner, at no cost. Friday’s agenda includes the morning Vinyasa Flow yoga session, Fitness & Health Expo, the keynote speech by Dr. James Hill of the Anschutz Health & Wellness Center, two of the social media sessions addressing the topics; Search Engine Optimization (with national experts MOZ), Succeeding with YouTube, Creating an E-Book to Build Your Brand, Blog Bootcamp, Mobile Marketing, and Monetization. The day will finish up with a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout provide by the American Council on Exercise.
You must be actively engaged in the fitness industry and living in Colorado to qualify. If you would like to participate, fill out the Fit Social Trade Pass application.
Active Fitness & Health Bloggers
For active bloggers who write for a fitness and health blog, they have a discounted registration of $95 for the entire weekend. Whats the catch? All they ask is you agree to write two blog posts about the conference. The subject of the posts is up to you – the conference, location, sponsors, speakers, content, etc. Please do not register as a blogger unless you are actually writing for an active fitness and health blog. They are able to offer this special discounted price to bloggers thanks to our sponsors and as an encouragement for all in the fitness and health field to become more involved in social media.
Photos of Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157629396489108″]
All Other Participants
For all other participants the cost of the 2013 Fitness and Health Social Media Conference is $295. The cost includes multiple meals, fitness activities, and a whole bunch of great content. So who else would fall into this category?
- Fitness, athletic, or yoga instructors who communicate with the public about their expertise (ACE and ACSM certified instructors receive continuing education credits)
- Dietitians and other medical professionals communicating with the public via the internet
- Fitness, health, and healthy food companies
- Non-profit or governmental organizations promoting health and fitness
- Fitness educators and researchers looking to improve their ability to communicate results
The conference is a unique combination of blogging, social media, and hard science and attending it offers:
- Important networking time with other fitness and health bloggers and professionals involved with social media.
- Presentations on the current state of health and fitness scientific research from some of the world’s top experts.
- A hard-nosed, scientific approach to the conference that vets sponsors, speakers, and activities for their scientific credentials.
- Continuing education credits for instructors certified by either the American Council on Exercise or the American College of Sports Medicine.
- And lots more…
View more details on their website at http://www.fitsocialconference.org.