Buffs Outdoor Track and Field Action: The Jerry Quiller Classic – Cancelled
From Coach Casey Malone:
Please be advised the Jerry Quiller Classic has been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. We have received significantly more snow than expected in Boulder with additional snow falling currently. There is over ten inches of heavy spring-time snow on the track and infield. The Beynon track surface cannot be plowed full depth due to warranty restrictions and we would need to rely on sun and warmer temperatures to clear all of the remaining snow and ice. The weather does not look like it will cooperate, rendering our facility unsafe for competition in spite of the best efforts of our facilities crew. Teams and competitors who have paid entry fees may apply those to future competitions here at CU. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The Buffaloes won’t skip a beat as they start the outdoor track and field season this Saturday, March 19, by hosting the Jerry Quiller Classic at Potts Field.
The meet was originally scheduled for Friday and Saturday, but due to inclement weather forecasted for Friday, the schedule has been shifted to accommodate all events on Saturday. The current forecast for Saturday is sunny and a high of 48 degrees.
The University of Colorado will compete against several Front Range schools. Air Force, Colorado State, UC-Colorado Springs, Metro State and Wyoming will all send competitors with CU, but there will be several other athletes competing unattached or as a member of a club.
The Jerry Quiller Classic is the first of two meets CU will host this spring. The Buffs will also host the CU Invitational, April 8-9. Both meets take place at Potts Field on 30th and Colorado and admission is free.
Current Track Schedule
Saturday, March 19th, 2016
- 11:00 am Men’s 3000 Meter Steeplechase
- 11:15 am Women’s 3000 Meter Steeplechase
- 11:30 am Men’s 4×100 Meter Relay
- 11:35 am Women’s 4×100 Meter Relay
- 11:50 am Men’s 1500 Meters
- 12:00 pm Women’s 1500 Meters
- 12:15 pm Men’s 110 Meter Hurdles
- 12:25 pm Women’s 100 Meter Hurdles
- 12:35 pm Men’s 400 Meters
- 12:45 pm Women’s 400 Meters
- 12:55 pm Men’s 100 Meters
- 1:05 pm Women’s 100 Meters
- 1:15 pm Men’s 800 Meters
- 1:25 pm Women’s 800 Meters
- 1:40 pm Men’s 400 Meter Hurdles
- 1:50 pm Women’s 400 Meter Hurdles
- 2:00 pm Men’s 200 Meters
- 2:10 pm Women’s 200 Meters
- 2:20 pm Men’s 3000 Meters
- 2:40 pm Women’s 3000 Meters
- 3:00 pm Men’s 4X400 Meter Relay
- 3:10 pm Women’s 4X400 Meter Relay
An updated schedule will be posted on CUBuffs.com on Friday.