Many of OSMP’s trails were heavily impacted by the September 2013 flood event.
When: Monday, April 28th 10am-4pm
Many of OSMP’s trails were heavily impacted by the September 2013 flood event. Thirty volunteers are needed for this trail project. Restoration of this flood damaged trail will involve moving and setting rocks, moving fill material, ripping apart the old trail (using a pick to rip compacted soil down 8 inches so plants will re-establish). Construction of a rerouted trail will involve constructing a wood puncheon, and constructing new trail.
Age Limits: 18 and up
This project is considered strenuous. Lunch will be provided.
– Your signed, risk and release form.
– Four quarts of water or camel packs.
– Work gloves.
– Safety Glasses/Sunglasses.
– Hat and sunscreen.
– Sturdy boots (No lightweight shoes, or “five-finger” types of shoes.)
– Backpack to carry personal items.
– Clothing appropriate for weather conditions (dress in layers)–Long pants, a long sleeved t-shirt, rain jacket.
– Personal first aid kit, if you have one (OSMP will have a group first aid kit.)
Once you register, the exact location of the project, and parking logistics will be emailed closer to the date.